Sunday, September 9, 2012

Crabby

I'm sorry to have to say it to your face, Lucy, but it's true. You're a very crabby person. I know your crabbiness has probably become so natural to you now that you're not even aware when you're being crabby, but it's true just the same. You're a very crabby person and you're crabby to just about everyone you meet. Now I hope you don't mind my saying this, Lucy, and I hope you're take it in the spirit that it's meant. I think we should be very open to any opportunity to learn more about ourselves. I think Socrates was very right when he said that one of the first rules for anyone in life is 'Know Thyself'. Well, I guess I've said about enough. I hope I haven't offended you or anything.(awkward exit)
~Schroeder, You're a Good Man Charlie Brown




Crabby.
Aren't we all sometimes? I mean, we're not all like Lucy from Peanuts, but we can be pretty nasty sometimes. We all have our 'Lucy' moments, and we all need that 'Schroeder' to kick our butts and put us back in line. Admit it.
I've had many people kick my butt, be it my youth pastor in a sermon, my friends being honest, or my parents trying to help me succeed. It's a shock at first. I'm saying, "I wasn't like that! I was being reasonable. I did NOT snap at you. I wasn't being stupid. Was I?"
But then I think back, and realize I was being a butthead. I can give whatever excuses I want (I was tired, I was working all day, I didn't sleep at all last night) but nothing can make up for what I said or did in my roll of emotions. There was something underlying, something mom said, something dad did, something my boss wanted me to do, that set me off. Or something someone said. Something my best friend did (or didn't) do. Someone rejecting you. Ignoring you. Not caring. Any of these things could lead to crabbiness.
So next time you're crabby, think about it. Try to be nice.
And remember, Schroeder was right when Socrates said that one of the first rules in life was 'Know Thyself'.

I love Peanuts :D


Blessings for tonight!






No comments:

Post a Comment