Sunday, October 28, 2012

Santa Fe

Let me go
Far away
Somewhere they won't ever find me
And tomorrow won't remind me of today
And the city's finally sleeping
And the moon looks old a grey
I get on a train that's bound for Santa Fe
And I'm gone
And I'm done
No more running, no more lying
No more fat old men denying me my pay
Just a moon so big and yellow it turns night right into day
Dreams come true
Yeah they do
In Santa Fe



What's your Santa Fe?
For Jack Kelly, a down-on-his-luck Newsy in New York City under Pulitzer (yes, that Pulitzer), Santa Fe was a dream. Between avoiding the law, lying, stealing, and basically being a liar, homeless, and basically broke, now Pulitzer is cutting their pay, leaving all of the Newsies cut off and out on the streets unable to pay for rent, and his best friend, the crip appropriately nicknamed 'Crutchie' kidnapped, off in a child's prison that Jack spent some time in years ago, Santa Fe is calling Jack more than ever.

This is from one of my favourite musicals: Newsies! But the Broadway version, not the movie with Christian Bale (as brilliant as that was, Christian Bale does not sing well). Jeremy Jordan sings this one, and oh my word, I get goosebumps every time.




AHHH goosebumps.... I know I've posted about Newsies before, but this is... this is just freaking brilliant.
Waaa~~

Anyhoo. What's your guys' Santa Fe? What's your dream city?





No comments:

Post a Comment